Roses; The symbol of love, passion, and beauty.
A garden of roses truly embody all things magnificent. The petals beautifully unfold as they grow, blooming into the majestic flower that holds its own. Though it is delicate and fragile, there is a sense of power that comes with this beautiful fragrant flower, both symbolically and literally.
Ancient healers in India who practiced Ayurveda (traditional Indian system of medicine, based on the idea of balance in bodily systems) recognized that this flower was more valuable than just being given as a gesture of love or used to adorn a home. It had healing powers. Crushing it and grinding it, they would use the delicate petals of the Rose containing many powerful properties to aid in various body and skin conditions.
In traditional Ayurvedic skincare practices, rose is amongst the most commonly used essential oil. It is used in cleansers, soaps, toners, moisturizers and serums. The long list of benefits prove just how powerful this elegant flower really is.
Rose has been proven to:
- Balance moisture levels in the skin, so the skin stays hydrated.
- Tones the skin due to its many astringent properties reducing excess oiliness and tightening large pores.
- Protects skin from UV damage due to the high amount of antioxidants.
- Helps to clear acne. Anti-inflammatory and astringent like properties help to get rid of bacteria, clean out pores and remove dead skin cells.
- Reduces redness and irritation associated with acne, rosacea, eczema, and more.
- A powerful anti-ager. It is full of antioxidants that help fight off free radicals. Preventing them from stealing oxygen from healthy cells causing lifeless, dull looking skin.
- Rose emollients improve barrier protection to help skin retain moisture and a vibrant glow.
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes, dark spots, & acne scars. Helps to improve skin tone and brighten complexion.
Inspired from ancient Ayurvedic rituals that use Rose to renew, repair, and regenerate is why we created the Bombay Rose Collection; Our all natural collection of skin + body products inspired by Ayurveda and made with powerful earth-based ingredients.
We wanted to bring the power of Rose to the modern beauty world to prove that the key to a healthy balanced youthful state is in the drop of a rose. Each of our products in the Bombay Rose Collection contain our own unique blend of essential oils including pure Rose. Gentle yet effective, this line is designed for all skin types and can be referred to as tridoshic; balancing for all skin types. Even those with sensitive skin will find these products to be soothing and calming.
Our Bombay Rose Skin + Body Collection includes:
- Rose Gel Cleanser
- Rose Milk Cleanser
- Rose Facial Toner
- Rose Hydrating Facial Mist
- Rose Ubtan Clay Masque
- Rose Facial Lotion
- Rose Hydrating Facial Gel
- Rose Body Butter
The collection is used in our new Bombay Rose Facial service. Designed to cleanse, detoxify, stimulate and nourish the skin, the facial gives your skin all the benefits of rose while you relax and enjoy our Bombay Rose Ritual.